Whether you're going out for a walk or a run, to the gym to lift weights, or to the pool to swim a few laps, the self-affirmation involved in the concept of "going out" or "going to" something for ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Back Pain Relief During Pregnancy
Chiropractic care during pregnancy can be a safe and effective way to relieve back pain
If you are a pregnant woman who finds herself joining the other 70% of women who experience back pain during pregnancy, there is hope. The specially trained doctors at Barton Chiropractic can help.
Unfortunatly most women indicate a serious disruption of lifestyle including time off work, or lost sleep due to the back pain. What is worst than that statistic is the fact that only one quarter of these women received any recommendations from their obstetrician.
Unfortunately all too often what you hear from your medical doctor when complaining about low back pain during pregnancy is a simple "that's normal" comment and nothing further.
So what can you do if you are pregnant and experiencing pain? Is there relief to be found? Absolutely! A study in Sweden (Hammar, 1988) proved that spinal adjustments, especially of the sacroiliac joint (the hips) provided long-term pain relief in 70% of the subjects and temporary relief (one or two days pain free) in the other 30%. This confirmed what midwives and chiropractors have long been saying; chiropractic care during pregnancy can effect a relief of low back pain.
As a chiropractor for the last 26 years the most common complaints I see during pregnancy are "headaches; lower- and upper-back pain; sacroiliac (hip and low back) pain, which starts in the lower back and often radiates down the leg; pubic-bone pain; and rib misplacement." The absolute best part is they can all be helped.
If you are pregnant and suffering from back pain call Barton Chiropractic today at 925 685-2002 to schedule a free consultation with one of our doctors.